Throughout these Terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
“Festival” means Digital City Festival 2022 on 7-11 March 2022; “Organiser” or “Digital City Festival” means Prolific North, registered company number 08268534; “Partner” means any person, firm or company who has made an application for and who has been granted inclusion in the virtual event; “Delegate” means any individual who has completed the registration form and has been granted access to the event platform.
The registration form is a legally binding contract and our terms and conditions take priority when referring to Digital City Festival in every case.
Programme & Speakers
After the programme of the event is announced, Digital City Festival reserves the right to make changes to the programme, location and/or speakers without prior notice. Such alterations may occasionally be necessary due to circumstances beyond our control and once the changes have been made, we will inform all the delegates / guests.
Digital City Festival makes every effort to ensure that all information given is true, accurate and complete at the time of writing. We reserve the right to make changes to the programme in circumstances beyond our control.
Filming & photography
There will be a professional photographer and video production taking place during the event. Registrants consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience.
We make every effort to ensure that our events are accessible and enjoyable for all our delegates, so if you require any particular assistance, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make any arrangements.
Data protection & privacy
Award entry conditions
- All submissions must be made online by the deadline. Once entries are submitted, they will go forward for judging. Entries must be paid before the judging date. Entries not paid for will be taken out of the judging process and therefore, the awards.
- If your payment is successful, you will be directed to a confirmation page where you can download your receipt; an automatic email confirmation will also be sent to the email address you created an account with on the entry portal.
- Any organisation submitting 3 paid for entries will receive an additional free entry. The discount will be applied automatically at checkout as long as you submit all 4 entries in one session. Refunds will not be given.
- After the entry deadline entries cannot be withdrawn, and refunds cannot be given.
- All entries must be supplied and conform to the category rules/submission formats.
- The judging panel will only read and use the reports for the purposes of the judging and are required to agree to NDAs.
- The judges reserve the right to re-allocate entries that in their view are entered in an incorrect category. The judges also reserve the right to remove categories where entries do not meet the standard for nomination. These entries will not be refunded as they will have been judged accordingly with the rest.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into or feedback given regarding the selection of shortlisted nominations or winners.
- Due to the number of entries received, the awards cannot guarantee feedback on individual entries but we do strive to offer this where possible.
- We reserve the right to shorten entry titles for the purpose of the awards brochure and winners’ trophies. Please try and keep your entry title concise and to the point, and following the entry format.
- We will not publish your entries without first seeking approval, winners can be asked if they are willing to allow their entries to be made public for future marketing and promotion.
- The organisers reserve the right to verify that all entries have been commercially produced for a commercial client where relevant.
- Whilst every care will be taken in the storage of entries, the organisers will not accept responsibility for loss or damage of entries.
- All entries submitted must be legal.
- Any entries containing offensive material will be disqualified.
- Any entry that has a complaint upheld against it by the Advertising Standards Authority will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to extend the closing deadline, amend categories or not award categories should the standard of entries received not reach the required standard.
Awards Ticket booking conditions
- Payment for tickets must be paid before the event takes place.
- Once you pay online or are issued an invoice, a booking is made and this constitutes a binding agreement.
- Cancellation charges will come into effect once a booking is made and the terms and conditions are agreed. (A booking is made online or when the invoice for tickets is issued.)
- Bookings will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Awards Ticket cancellation
- All requests for cancellations or substitutions must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations made out within 28 days prior to the date of event are subject to no cancellation charge.
- Cancellations made between 7-27 days prior to the date of event are subject to a 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations made within 7 days of the date of event are subject to a 100% cancellation charge and a substitute guest can be nominated in replacement
All trophies are inspected prior to the awards ceremony. Once these trophies have been handed over, you are responsible for the trophy from thereon. Digital City Festival will not cover the cost of a replacement due loss or damages during or post award ceremony. Should you require a replacement trophy, please contact email@example.com.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into or feedback given regarding the selection of shortlisted nominations or winners.
- In the interest of transparency, judges are ineligible to enter any categories they are judging.
- Judges will not allow personal relationships or experiences to influence judging marks or decisions and their judging will be impartial and based on the standard of entry, campaign, organisation or product.
- Judges will declare any perceived conflict of interest to the event organisers ahead of reading any entries.
- All judging discussions are confidential and will not be shared or discussed with anyone outside of the judging panel ahead of the ceremony or thereafter.
- Judges will not share confidential material, judging papers or entries with anyone. Judges will securely delete all judging materials immediately after the judging period.
- Judges can only access entries that they have been provided to score.
- Judges will not notify anyone that they have won or that they are shortlisted ahead of the official announcements.
- Judges will not provide any feedback to entrants as to why they have not won or were not shortlisted – all requests for feedback must be directed to Digital City Festival
- Should a judge break the rules of conduct and the code is not adhered to, they will be asked to leave the panel and not invited to judge any future awards.
DIGITAL CITY FESTIVAL PARTNERS
1. Application for services
(i) Until the completed booking form has been received and accepted by the Organiser, the Organiser has the right without giving notice to the Partner to reallocate the space or session to another partner and the booking will be null and void.
(ii)Acceptance of a booking form by the Organiser leads to a contract between the Organiser and the Partner to which these terms & conditions apply.
2. Allocation of space and timings
The preference of the location of virtual booths and timings of sessions will be given in order of bookings, the first booking having first choice and so on. Every effort shall be made to allocate to the Partner the space that has been ordered. However, to facilitate an effective layout of the Festival and if the Organiser believes it to be in the best interest of the Festival, the Organiser has the right to make a space and timings reallocation at any time.
3. Cancellation/Reduction of services
A Partner shall not be at liberty to cancel or withdraw his application for services once it has been confirmed by the Organisers. Such confirmation will only be effective upon receipt of a completed booking form. If any Partner shall fail to pay any sum due to the Organisers or shall contravene or fail to observe any of the requirements of these rules and regulations, the Organisers reserve the right to revoke his allotment of services and to exclude the Partner, his agents and property, at his expense from the event platform or premises and to re-allocate the services. Such action by the Organisers shall not prejudice any other remedy they shall have against the Partner nor reduce the amount paid or owing by him, the Partner, to the Organisers.
The Contractual price includes specific services as per the agreement.
The Contractual price does not include: Connections for additional electrics required, additional internet packages, loading and handling of equipment and staff, telephones, additional furniture, flowers or the provision of anything else not expressly mentioned.
Upon receipt of the booking form the charges will be invoiced in full and payment must be received within 28 days of the invoice or before the event, whichever is sooner.
In the case of non-payment of any sum payable by the Partner to the Organisers or of the breach or non-observance by the Partner of any terms or conditions of the Contract, the Organisers shall be entitled to remove and exclude the Partner without prejudice to the right of the Organisers to recover any monies due under this Contract or under any claim for damages by the Organisers.
6. Bankruptcy etc.
In the event of any Partner ceasing to carry on business or committing any act of bankruptcy, or of a Company going into liquidation, the Organisers shall be entitled to determine the contract forthwith, and all the monies paid by the Partner under such contract shall be forfeited.
7. Promotions and presentations
The Organiser shall organise and promote the Festival in such manner as it considers appropriate and reserves the right at any time to amend or vary the manner or methods of such organisation and promotion. The Partner acknowledges that the Organiser shall not be held responsible for the failure of all or any other contracted partners to attend the Festival or the failure of any number of attendees to attend the Festival for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser. The name of any Partner which may appear on any collateral or any statement made by or on behalf of the Organiser that any Partner is booked to attend any Festival event provisionally or otherwise shall not constitute any warranty, representation or undertaking by the Organiser that any such partner shall attend any event or attend any particular location. Any application for services shall not be conditional on the presence or location of any other partner at the same or any other Festival event.
8. Postponement or abandonment
The Organiser at any time, without prior notification, may change the location of the venue, the date, the opening and closing times of the Festival. The Partner shall not have any claim against the Organiser in respect of any loss or damage whatsoever consequent upon the Festival failing to be held for any reason outside the Organiser’s control or the Festival platform being or becoming wholly or partially unavailable for the holding of the Festival for any reason. If by rearranging the platform, venue, the period of the Festival, postponing the Festival or by doing any other reasonable thing the Festival can be held, the contract for services shall be binding save that it shall be deemed to be varied to allow for the necessary change in venue, dates or period of the Festival, platform, location or otherwise.
9. Cancellation or default by the partner
A Partner shall not be at liberty to cancel or withdraw his application once it has been confirmed by the Organisers. Such confirmation will only be effective upon receipt of a completed booking form. If any Partner shall fail to pay any sum due to the Organisers or shall contravene or fail to observe any of the requirements of these rules and regulations, the Organisers reserve the right to revoke his allotment of space and to exclude the Partner, his agents and property and to re-allocate the space. Such action by the Organisers shall not prejudice any other remedy they shall have against the Partner nor reduce the amount paid or owing by him, the Partner, to the Organisers.