Prolific North (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, and forms part of our Terms and Conditions.
General Data Protection Regulation
Personal Information Collection
The personal information you disclose to Prolific North by registering for Digital City Festival and its sub events gives us consent to the collection, storage and processing of information in the manner described in this policy. Personal information may include name, email, job title, company, address, contact number and similar information which identifies you. We do not sell or rent personal information to other organisations. Where necessary, our site collects credit card information for the purpose of billing the user for requested services or events. Information collected through our site may be shared with third parties that provide services on behalf of the site, such as credit card processors. Third parties may only use the data for the purpose for which it was provided.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Where we are hosting an online event on a third party platform, the information you provide during the registration process will be processed securely in order for you to access the platform. When you enter virtual spaces, bookmark content or view sessions as part of the online event, your personal information may be shared with the relevant sponsor or exhibitor to allow them to engage with you. Entering the virtual space and attending online talks is equivalent to handing over a business card or having your badge scanned at an in-person event.
Use of Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To provide you with information regarding your registration;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our site, goods and/or services;
- We may also use your data (where you have chosen) to allow selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these. Where you permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will only contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our customers, registered members, suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time. Your continued use of our site following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
However, if at any time in the future we plan to use personal information in a way that differs from this policy, users will be notified by either 30 days notice displayed prominently on the website or by email. We will provide you the opportunity to opt-out of such differing uses.
We use a third-party site measurement service to measure our site traffic. This company may use information (not including name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this site in order to help improve the site’s content and navigation.
For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: